jeudi 21 février 2013

Big plans and happiness

This article won't be about my photos. 
Yeah, it will me about what I want to shoot, what I want this year to bring me, etc. But I won't show any pictures.

Because I don't know what photos I could show you. And it's not about that anyway :D

Lately I've been feeling really happy, I don't know why. Maybe because I saw the sun for the first time for... I don't know how long.
Maybe because I can't find in my life any problems right now.
Maybe because I've been meeting a lot of people lately. And yeah, I love meeting new people.
Maybe because I have the most awesome friends.
Maybe because I decided to behave the way I think. 
Maybe because I've learned to know myself better and I can finally say what are my weaknesses and strengthts. 
Maybe because I have goals. For this week, next month, 2013, in ten years, all my life ?
Yeah, well, I think one of the secrets for happiness, is having a goal. I personally feel empty if I don't have anything to wait for, or anything to do work for.

My holiday has lasted for a few days now, none is here, I don't have money to go anywhere. But surprisely I don't even feel lonely. Or sad. It's refreshing actually, having time for only myself. Having time to do stuff, like cleaning my room. (Wait what ?! :D)
But yeah, this time alone is perfect for making decisions and organizing my future.

Well,  I have big plans. I've always been really ambitious. Lazy, yeah, but ambitious. And I'm sure this strength will kill the weakness that is laziness.
I don't know if I have talent in photography, but I don't think it matters because I believe in the fact that passion, ambition and perseverance are important at 65% to make dreams come true. 25% is luck and 10% is talent.
I can be wrong of course. But this is my point of view.

I realized I have one thing that's more important than photography and career. It's friendship, family and love. Which means Love in general.
Yeah, I'm so ambitious I'll do my best to think of my career for some choices. If for example I go to America  but my best friend lives in Finland, oh noes! In this case, yes, I'll choose career. I know I won't lose my friend because of it.
But what I'm trying to say is that, I will never choose my friends just because I want something from them.
I don't want to do good things, because I can get something for myself.
I believe, so strongly in the fact that an artist who doesn't feel CANNOT be an artist.
If an artist can't laugh, do good things just for the sake of seeing people happy, love, party, and know all the bad and good feelings friends, lover, familymember give, he simply can't make arts.
Arts are all about feelings. Soul. What makes us human. 
Unfortunately there are way too many photographers or any other artist that make what they do in really empty ways. 
An artist has to think about life. Deep things. 
Yeah and of course loving what they do. Not just loving the things they can get when they do it.

Photography is not like a second me, it's a part of who I am. 
Like I'm a friend, a lover, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a godmother, a twin, a student, a french girl, a finnish woman, etc, etc etc. They're all part of who I am.

And what the hell am I talking about :D
The point is.. I can't stand artists who are fake. Who make something they call art without REALLY thinking about it. 
I can't stand those who do good things just because they can get something from it.
I can't stand people that fake everything they do. Force themselves to be funny just so everyone can love them so they can be more popular and get something from it. Force themselves to be nice and helpful.
Argh ! This kind of people pisses me off :D 
But yes. They understand how to get a big and great career.  They understand how to get money.
How to survive.  They will never put their real opinions about things like I'm doing right now, because there are always people that disagree and start hating.

I don't want to be this person. I want to be real with what I'm doing and people around me. I'm sure it will make me a lot more happy. Maybe I'll never get the career I'm dreaming about because of it.
Maybe I'll never get clients and money. But it doesn't matter, because I can be myself and that is the second secret of happiness.

Anyway. What about my plans.

I don't want to reveal everything. Not even the half of it. 
Actually I realized there's nothing I want to reveal.
I think I should stop writing like an idiot and, I'll get back to work.
The best way to make dreams come true is writing them down, figure out where to start, how to continue.. And first of all. JUST WORK ON IT.

This article may have sounded like it's all about me but no. 
It's not only about artists either. If you are really interested about what I'm writing, I'm sure you can get many helpful tips. About life and realizing dreams.
Just remember those are MY points of view, you can totally disagree, it's ok. And maybe I will disagree with myself in one year.
OkOk.

But here are some videos I did while I was alone because of holiday. I think I have a true talent for music.






See you in the next article. :)

2 commentaires:

  1. Hello, Karina!

    Entertaining... :D

    No, that's not what I wanted to say. Let me make myself clear: I don't know, if you have any talent in photography (since I'm not particularly interested in photography), but some of your photos are truly amazing! No, I haven't seen all your work, but I think my favourite is the one where you stand in all orange with an orange.

    What you say about art is true - it lies in the heart. You can actually see it - heART (or maybe SHEart?)

    Well, that's all I wanted to say.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi! Thank you for your comment and your opinion ! It means a lot to me to see someone reads what I'm writing and leaves their thought. It's interesting!
    Well said about "heART" :)

    I can't deny I'm surprised your favourite picture is the orange one, other people have liked my conceptual crazy stuff more. :)It's nice to know!

    RépondreSupprimer